Joris Ide advises to do an annual inspection of the panels and to carry out any remedial work identified during inspection.
The maintenance & cleaning frequency is dependant on the application environment and actual pollution conditions of the composite panel. Exterior used panels need to be cleaned once per year. For interior used panels, the cleaning is dependant on the actual pollution conditions. The cleaning of building walls should be made from up to down manually or by suitable cleaning facilities.
Please notice that any cleaner which includes corrosive material is forbidden to be used for the cleaning.
Specific cleaning processes as follow:
- Use plenty of clean water to wash the panel’s surface;
- Use soft cloth with diluted detergent to wipe the panel’s surface softly;
- Use clean water again to wash the stains off;
- Check the panel’s surface and special cleaning with detergent is needed, if some parts are still not clean;
- Use clear water to wash the panels’ surface till all stains have been washed out.
N O T I C E
Please don’t clean if the panel’s surface is hot (over 40 °C) because too fast volatility of the water will do harm to the coating. Please notice especially that suitable detergent should be chosen. Generally neutral detergent is OK. Please don’t use strong alkaline detergent, such as potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide and also please don’t use strong acid detergent, abrasive detergent and paint soluble detergent.
We would suggest to clean a small part as an experiment before carrying out thorough cleaning of the whole project.