Driver: Bury St Edmunds
Branch: Bury St Edmunds
We are looking for an experienced HGV driver to join our Bury St Edmunds depot. You will be the key driver for our Bury depot and will need to work closely with the rest of the team. Ideally the successful candidate will have a background of the construction or working for a builder’s merchants however this is not essential. This role will also include driving our 3.5 tonne flat-bed and also helping in the yard when needed.
The successful candidate will need to have a:
• HGV class 2
• Full clean licence
• Driver CPC
• Hiab licence or lorry loader licence
• Fork-lift license
The ideal candidate will be an extremely efficient driver with a solid history. They will be a team player enhancing the company’s moto ‘Where Service comes first’ when meeting with customers on sites and in the depot. They will have excellent communication skills as they will be in contact with customers on a daily basis.
The position will include all compulsory driver & yardman functions;
• Carrying out daily checks of your vehicle each day
• Ensure you abide by the road traffic laws at all times
• Ensure you take the appropriate breaks on your tachograph
• Ensure your deliveries are loaded safely and strapped down appropriately.
• The appropriate PPE must be worn at all times.
• Being the first point of contact for all visiting trade customers when in the yard, ensuring they are dealt with in a professional and helpful manner.
• Loading and unloading delivery vehicles by hand or with a forklift truck.
• Handing stock items safely.
• Picking and packing orders.
• Keeping the yard tidy and in order.
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed as required.
The successful candidate will be eager to become part of the team. The ideal candidate will need to hit the ground running with the key attributes of becoming a key member of our Bury team.
We are a Roofing and Cladding Distribution company who have five depots through-out East Anglia at Chatteris, Sawston, Norwich, Essex & our newest depot in Bury St Edmunds, which opened July 2018. We have also opened our first Industrial sales office in Leicester last year and also our Central Sales office.
If you feel that you would fit into our AJW family business and you have the drive to succeed along with the knowledge then contact our HR department on [email protected]