Driver : Class 1
Are you a competent driver with a sterling track record?
We are looking for an experienced HGV driver to join our Sawston depot. You will one of the key drivers for our Sawston depot and will need to work closely with the rest of the team. Ideally the successful candidate will have a background working for a construction company or working for a builder’s merchants however this is not essential. The successful candidate will be required to stay out some nights but the required allowance will be paid.
The successful candidate will need to have a:
• HGV Class 1 to drive a wagon and drag
• Full clean licence
• Driver CPC
• Hiab licence or lorry loader licence
The ideal candidate will be an extremely efficient driver with a solid history. They will be a team player enhancing the company’s moto ‘Where Service Comes First’ when meeting with customers on sites and in the depot. They will have excellent communication skills as they will be in contact with customers on a daily basis.
The position will include all compulsory driver functions;
• Carrying out daily checks of your vehicle each day
• Ensure you abide by the road traffic laws at all times
• Ensure you take the appropriate breaks on your tachograph
• Ensure your deliveries are loaded safely and strapped down appropriately.
• The appropriate PPE must be worn at all times.
• Loading and unloading your own lorry when needed.
• Handing stock items safely.
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed as required.
The successful candidate will be eager to become part of the team. The ideal candidate will need to hit the ground running with the key attributes of becoming a key member of our Sawston team.
We are a Roofing and Cladding Distribution company that have five depots throughout East Anglia at Chatteris, Sawston, Norwich, Essex & our newest depot in Bury St Edmunds, which opened July 2018. We have also opened our first Industrial sales office in Leicester last year and also our Central Sales office.
Interested? Get in touch...
If you feel that you would fit into our AJW family business and you have the drive to succeed, along with the knowledge, then please contact our HR department