Trade Counter Sales Assistant
Branch: Chatteris (HQ)
We are looking for a lively, enthusiastic person to join our St Neots branch as a Trade Counter Sales Assistant.
Experience in the Roofing industry is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided. They should be extremely pro-active, with the ability to develop their own customer base in the St Neots and surrounding areas. They will be a team player but also have the initiative to work on their own. They will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as they will be in contact with customers on a daily basis. With attention to detail being key due to the nature of the business.
The position will be predominately sales however alongside this will be general admin duties. The general duties include ordering stock, inputting orders, chasing quotes, corresponding with the yard on deliveries and liaising with accounts.
The successful candidate will be eager to learn and develop their skills. They will be computer literate and be capable of learning new systems. The ideal candidate will need to hit the ground running with the key attributes of becoming a key member of our St Neots team.
If you feel that you would fit into our AJW family business and you have the drive to succeed along with the knowledge then contact our HR department.
The job will include the following tasks.
Summary of essential sales assistant functions
• Answer and deal with any sales telephone enquiries efficiently.
• Respond to any emailed sales enquires.
• Deal with any walk in customers in the appropriate manner.
• Process any sales order’s as received, allocating correct stock items.
• Order any non-stock items required for orders whilst conferring with colleagues.
• Ensure orders are booked for delivery on the correct date where specified.
• Monitor stock levels on a daily basis and advise low levels as required.
• Chase up all quotations
• Responsible for providing general administration support to the branch manager.
• Assist in filing all sales records
• Coordinate and prepare any samples or information / brochures required by customers.
Summary of targeted sales assistant functions
• Search for new potential customers.
• Cold call customers to create future business.
• Chase new accounts for business.
• Contact existing customers for business.
• Bonus scheme
• Performance bonus
• Yearly bonus
• Company events
• Company pension
• On-site parking
• Sick pay
• Health Cover
• Death in Service
• Monday – Thursday : 7.00 – 4.30
• Friday : 7.30 – 4.00
• Retail sales: 1 year (preferred)
• customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Interested? Get in touch...
If you feel that you would fit into our AJW family business and you have the drive to succeed, along with the knowledge, then please contact our HR department