Ubbink are the manufacturers of the Ubiflex brand – A non-lead waterproof flashing material which can be used in most applications where lead is traditionally used. It is highly recommended by crime prevention officers, The NHBC and Zurich insurance. Ubiflex B3 also holds a BBA certificate and has been tested to resist wind speeds of up to 110mph by the BRE.
- Up to 50% quicker to install than lead, is fully malleable, can be worked in both directions and is self-sealing if punctured.
- Not susceptible to thermal movement. Aprons up to 12m long can be formed without seams or expansion joints – 8 times longer than traditional lead sheet.
- Compatible with most common building materials and components. such as thermal panels, extract flues, ventilators, rooflights and flat roofing membranes including PVC single ply.
- Resistant to wind speeds up to 110 mph.
- Stable and does not cause any unsightly staining.
- Worked the same way as lead flashing but without the need for protective measures. It can be cut with a sharp knife or snips.
- Available in a selection of sizes of 3.5mm or 2.3mm thick.